Your Bridge to Resolution.
People see things differently.
A recent news story was covered extensively by all media outlets revealing their amazement that, when looking at the same picture of the same dress, about 50% of the people saw the dress as being white and gold while the other 50% perceived it as being black and blue. The phenomenon made an interesting news story, but it actually illuminated a human characteristic that is an effective tool of every good mediator's philosophy and practice. That is, that people see things differently. Everyone has his/her own perception of the same facts, the same event, the same circumstances. It is seldom a matter of who is right or wrong, but simply a matter of individual perception.
Suzanne understands these well-established characteristics of human nature and that understanding equips her to help you resolve your case. No matter how differently two or more opposing parties might perceive the facts and realities of the case, Suzanne can help you bridge that divide and reach resolution.
Trusted. Focused. Diligent.
An established career as a full-time mediator with over 2,500 cases mediated.
Selected as a Texas Monthly Super Lawyer for Mediation in Dallas every year since its inception, selected for inclusion in Texas Best Lawyers since 2009 and selected for The Best Lawyers in America© for years 2014-2016.
Competitive fees available for all clients. Helping you reach a resolution without expensive and protracted litigation.
- Ten Years, Office of General Counsel and Trial Attorney, Mobil Oil Corporation
- Four Years, Insurance Defense Attorney
- Mediator for Veterans Administration, U.S. Postal Service, U.S. Air Force, Mediation Trainer for American Airlines and various universities, government agencies and corporations.
- J. D. University of San Diego School of Law
- A. B. San Diego State University, cum laude
Accomplishments and Recognitions
Suzanne M. Duvall is an attorney-mediator in Dallas who holds the highest designation given by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, that of TMCA Distinguished Mediator. With over 800 hours of basic and advanced training in mediation, arbitration, and negotiation with State Bar of Texas, Dallas Bar Association, Harvard Law School, CDR Associates, American Arbitration Association, she has mediated over 2,500 cases to resolution and serves as a faculty member, lecturer and trainer for numerous dispute resolution and educational organizations in Texas and nationwide.
Suzanne was appointed by the Texas Supreme Court to serve on the Court’s Advisory Committee for Court-Annexed Mediations. She has received numerous awards for her mediation skills and service including the Frank G. Evans Award given by the State Bar of Texas ADR Section for outstanding leadership in the field of dispute resolution, the American Arbitration Association Brutsche Award for Professional Excellence in Dispute Resolution, the Texas Association of Mediators Susanne Adams Award for Outstanding Commitment and Dedication to the Mediation Profession, the Association of Attorney Mediators Pro Bono Service Award and is the recipient of the TMCA Outstanding Credentialed Mediator Award.
She has also been selected as a Texas Super Lawyer for 13 consecutive years, 2003 -2015, by Thomson Reuters and the publishers of Texas Monthly and has been named to Texas Best Lawyers 2009 – 2015 and The Best Lawyers in America© 2014-2016.
- State Bar of Texas (former Member Board of Directors, Past Chair – ADR Section, Vice-Chair Professionalism Committee)
- Dallas Bar Association (Past Chair – ADR Section)
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association (Founding Member, Past President, Current Board Member)
- Association of Attorney-Mediators (Past National Chair)
- Texas Association of Mediators (Past President, Current Board Member)
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution, UT School of Law
- Master, Annette Stewart American Inn of Court